Saturday, June 23rd
1. Mainframe Studios Open Studio event. Saturday 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Visit Mainframe Studios open house to see some of the over sixty artists currently working from the new workspaces. Mainframe studios website for more information.
2. Des Moines Arts Festival 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Join the Des Moines Arts Festival in the Western Gateway Park in Downtown Des Moines. Check here for full information.
3. ArtFest Midwest - Varied Industries Building - Iowa State Fairgrounds 10:00AM - 6:00PM
Artfest Midwest, Iowa's largest fina art show, is an indoor event (with a few outdoor spaces) held in the rain-free, air-conditioned Varied Industries Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. Approximately 250 artists will be participating in this 15th annual event. ArtFest Midwest will again offer free shuttle bus service to downtown. Parking and admission to the show are free. Artfest Midwest Website
4. Des Moines Art Center Drop-In Tour 1:00PM
Stop in for a conversational docent-led exploration of the Art Center’s world-renowned collection and prize-winning architecture. Find more information on the Des Moines Art Center Website.
5. Des Moines Artist Studio Visits #6 - Edgard Camacho 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Artist studio visit location: 3606 62nd Street Des Moines, IA 50322. One artist, each day of the week - Please click here for more information on the rest of the artist studio visit series this week.
6. Recurring event - Urban Visionaries Show at the Des Moines Social Club - Open Gallery Hours
Artists Retna, Banksy, Shepard Fairey, FAILE, and Martin Whatson will be shown in the Viaduct Gallery.