Wednesday, June 21st
1. LAZE Gong Bath 12:00 Noon at Capital Square
High noon smack in the middle of Art Week Des Moines. Bring a sleeping bag, pillow, anything to help you be cozy. If you can, bring at $10 love donation for the musicans. LAZE for an hour while being "bathed" in gong sounds amid the bustling downtown lunch hour. Check the Facebook Event Here
2. Salon 4700 Event at Yellow Door Gallery
* Event is at capacity * Check other Art Week events for a look at Yellow Door Gallery later in the week. You must have Salon 4700 RSVP to attend this event. Salon 4700 is a member group with the Des Moines Art Center. Click for more information on Salon 4700. Click for more information on Yellow Door Gallery.
3. Des Moines Storytellers Project: The Secret Lives of Artists - Bash Events & Catering 6:30 p.m.
Presented by The Des Moines Register and in partnership with the Des Moines Arts Festival! Enjoy stories of unlocking the dreams and delusions within, from local and notable community members alike. Storytellers are coached by Register reporter Courtney Crowder, who will also serve as the event emcee. Purchase tickets at DesMoinesRegister.com/Artists.
4. DSM Girl Gang "Quick Draw" Event at Fourth + Court Hy-Vee Downtown 5:30PM - 8:00PM
The event will involve 20+ artists drawing on site with each drawing being sold at the event for a fixed price of $30. Please check the Facebook Page for more information.
5. The Conservatory Salon 7:00PM - 10:00 PM
Join us at The Conservatory for an Art Week DSM event featuring works by Anderew Abbott, Benjamin Gardner, Frank Hansen, Jim Ochs, and Jonathan Pearson. The opening reception is on June 21, from 7:00-10:00 with a Happy Hour on June 22, from 4:00-7:00 PM. The Conservatory in collaboration with Moberg Gallery. The Conservatory | 315 E. 5th St. Second Floor | Des Moines, Iowa 50315. More information available on Facebook here